2023 Application Process for
Resolution of Support for Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs'
9% Low-income Housing Tax Credits
**The City of Victoria will only be supporting Senior Housing Tax Credit Applications for 2023.***
The City of Victoria, through its Development Services Department, has formulated a policy that establishes the process to be followed by developers who request Resolutions of Support for proposed 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) projects to be located in the City.
To be considered for a Resolution of Support for a 9% LIHTC project as required by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), applications must be submitted to the City of Victoria (City) by January 31, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Email the requested information below in one packet as a PDF to the Development Services Department to email@example.com.
City of Victoria’s review will be based on these factors including but not limited to:
- Letter Requesting Formal Resolution Support;
- Developer’s name, address and contact information;
- Location of the project;
- The target population to be served by the proposed development (Senior housing or General population);
- Number of proposed housing units per number of bedrooms;
- Number of units restricted for low income, market rate, etc.;
- Overall design, community services, and amenities;
- Proof of notification to adjacent property owners;
- Proof of Notification to City Council Representative in which the district(s) the project will occur.
Recommendations for Resolutions of Support will be presented to City Council on February 21, 2023. At that time, City Council may grant a Resolution of Support, a Resolution of No Objection, a Resolution of Objection or take no action. Resolutions of Support will include a $500.00 contribution to the project to further demonstrate local support. The contribution may be made through permit fee waivers.
If you have questions about the application, call Celeste Menchaca at (361) 485-3377.