Curbside collection details are listed below. Your designated day for each collection service can be found at our Schedule Search page.
- Have your cart at the curb before 7:00 AM with the cart's wheels secure against the curb or along the street facing your residence if your street does not have a curb.
- Cart lid must be completely closed, or your cart will be tagged and not collected.
- Carts must be placed 5 feet away from surrounding obstacles on all sides.
- Additional carts are available upon request for $5 per month each and require a one-year commitment.
- View the City Code about Residential Collections.
Curbside Garbage Collection
Curbside garbage collection is collected weekly.
- No large items, hazardous waste, or tree limbs allowed in gray garbage cart.
- Only City of Victoria carts will be serviced, no other trash carts.
Curbside Recycling Collection
Curbside recycling is collected every other week.
- Do not place recyclables in any kind of plastic bag and then place them in your green cart. Recyclables must be loose in the cart for collection.
- We do not accept plastic grocery bags, clothing or linens, Styrofoam, glass, garbage, food, or liquids in recycling carts. Placing such items will contaminate the entire load and result in all items going to the landfill instead of the recycling center. Plastic grocery bags are not accepted due to their tendency to jam up the recycling machines and causing malfunctions.
- We do accept Plastics #1 and #2, aluminum cans, cardboard, and paper. Please see our recycling page for more information on what items we recycle.
Important Reminders for Curbside Recycling
- It is helpful to flatten bulky recyclables like boxes and jugs to save room in your recycle cart.
- Make sure recyclable containers are free of food residue and that liquid containers are empty.
- Newspaper and cardboard recyclables must be clean and dry to be accepted in the program.
- Recyclables that will not fit in your cart can be taken to the Waste Management Recycle Center on the first Saturday of every month between 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM. The recycling center is located at 809 N. George Street. When you arrive to drop off recyclables at the Waste Management recycle center, you must have proof of residence in the form of a water bill and identification card with you.
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected weekly. Yard waste is defined as leaves, tree trimmings, hedge trimmings, grass clippings, and similar small materials.
- Do not package your yard waste in a plastic bags, barrels or drums. These containers will not be collected. Plastic bags cannot be composted.
- We do accept yard waste collected in paper or biodegradable yard bags, standard 33-gallon household trash cans, and cardboard boxes. There is no limit to the number of bags or boxes you can set out for yard waste.
- The yard waste container must not weigh more than 50 pounds each with no materials sticking out from the top of the container.
- yard waste must be placed 5 feet away from surrounding obstacles on all sides. Yard waste may be stacked in no more than three small, neatly tied bundles that are no more than 4 feet long and 2 feet wide.
Residents who are disabled and are unable to move their City-issued cart to their curbside may be eligible for the Waiver Program.
Waiver program requirements
- Arrangements to participate in the Waiver Program may be made by calling the Solid Waste Division (361) 485-3220 or by filling out our online form.
- Residents eligible for this program must leave their cart in a designated area that is agreed upon after a representative from the Solid Waste division makes a site visit to the location.
- There must be no other resident living within the household who is able to move the city-issued cart to the curbside.