2022 Holiday Schedule
City of Victoria offices will be closed to observe the following holidays. Residents' garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection will not be affected by these closures. On these dates, all collection routes will be running as usual. Please have your carts at the curb by 7:00 am.
- Christmas Eve (Observed) Friday, December 23, 2022
- Christmas Day (Observed) Monday, December 26, 2022
Thanksgiving Holiday Collection
City offices will be closed to observe the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 24, 2022 and Friday, November 25, 2022.
- Thursday's garbage collection will be picked up on Wednesday, November 23, 2022. This is only for residents whose garbage is normally collected on Thursday.
- Thursday's recycling and yard waste collection will be picked up on Saturday, November 26,2022. This is only for residents whose yard waste is normally collected on Thursday and whose recycling would normally be collected on a Thursday Route 2 schedule. Residents can check to see what recycling route they are on by entering their address into our Service Schedule page.
- All Friday collection routes will be running as usual.
Christmas Holiday Collection
Weeks of December 19th - December 30th
- Garbage and recycling routes will run as usual.
- Yard waste routes will NOT run the week of December 26th - December 30th. Yard waste collection will resume on Monday, January 2, 2023.
- During the week of December 26th - December 30th, extra holiday garbage will be picked up on your regular garbage collection day. Please place extra garbage in either standard, store bought trash cans or plastic garbage bags and set them 5 feet away from any obstacles, including other City issued carts.
Week of January 2, 2023
Beginning this week, live Christmas trees can be placed on the curb on your designated yard waste collection day. Please remove all lights, ornaments, and tree stands before placing your tree on the curb. Artificial and flocked trees (trees coated in fake snow) can be picked up with your regular garbage if they're not too big, or call (361) 485-3220 to schedule a bulky item pick up.
To find your collection schedule, please visit our Service Schedule page.