Parks and Recreation Master Plan
The City of Victoria is updating the community’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan. This planning initiative offers you – the residents and property owners of Victoria – the opportunity to identify the types of park spaces, recreation facilities, and recreational programs that will make our community an even better place to live.
The Victoria Parks and Recreation Master Plan:
- Is a blueprint for the maintenance and upkeep of all city parks and recreation facilities
- Identifies capital park improvement projects
- Guides the development of new parks and trails
- Assists City staff in developing new programs and events. Whether you visit Victoria parks for relaxation, socializing, or play, the new parks and recreation plan will be our roadmap to provide “A Space for All of Us!”
Parks & Recreation Master Plan Draft - View artistic renderings and read the first draft of the Parks & Recreation Master Plan Here.
An Open House will be held on October 21 at the Community Center from 5 to 7 p.m.
Halff Associates - multi-disciplinary engineering, planning, and landscape architecture firm
Parks & Recreation Commission members including W. Lee Keeling, Chair; Mike Rivera, Vice-Chair; Gail Repka, Commissioner; Laurie Eder, Commissioner; Stephen Fort, Commissioner; Justin Urbano, Commissioner; Gloria Rodriguez, Commissioner; Jesse Olivarez, Commissioner; and Ashley Magee, Commissioner.
|Core Tasks||Oct. 2020||Nov. 2020||Dec. 2020||Jan. 2021||Feb. 2021||March 2021||April 2021||May 2021||June 2021||July 2021||Aug. 2021||Sept. 2021|
State of Parks & Recreation
|Oct. 2020||Nov. 2020||Dec. 2020||Jan. 2021||Feb. 2021||March 2021|
Park Commission Meetings
|Dec. 2020||April 2021||June 2021||Aug. 2021|
Community Engagement & Outreach
|Dec. 2020||Jan. 2021||Feb. 2021||March 2021||April 2021||May 2021||June 2021||July 2021||Aug. 2021||Sept. 2021|
Conceptual Develop Plans – Riverside Park, EL Tracy
|Feb. 2021||March 2021||April 2021||May 2021|
Draft Master Plan, Cost Estimates & Implementation
|May 2021||June 2021||July 2021||Aug. 2021|
|City Council Adoption||Sept. 2021|
- Parks & Recreation to host master plan open houses
- City seeks input on conceptual renderings for 3 parks
- Victoria’s parks system offers something for everyone
- City asks for input about parks facilities, recreational programming
- City Corner Column: What’s in store for Parks & Recreation? It’s up to you @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
If you have questions, or would like to receive information about future events or activities, please contact Parks and Recreation at (361) 485-3200.