Victoria Broadband Improvement Study
The City of Victoria led the Victoria Broadband Commission, a group of entities that joined together for improving access to reliable, available, and affordable internet service. Phase 1 of that solicitation was designed to develop a more complete understanding of current services and needs within Victoria and the surrounding region. The City has partnered with CobbFendley to conduct a study that will provide us and our potential partners with information relevant to the goal of providing reliable, available, and affordable internet.
In its 40th year of providing broadband consulting to the municipal and private sectors, CobbFendley is a civil engineering and surveying firm with expertise in providing planning and design services related to communications infrastructure. Across CobbFendley’s Texas locations, they currently employ over 130 fiber/broadband and utility professionals as well as more than 80 municipal and transportation/traffic infrastructure professionals who are familiar with municipalities similar to the City of Victoria.
Located in the Houston Office, Vineeta Ram, P.E., will serve as the main point of contact for this study. In that role, Ms. Ram will ensure that the appropriate resources are dedicated for this program from beginning to end.
About the Study
During the study, CobbFendley will reach out to stakeholders throughout the community. They will also engage residents through the online survey below as well as a public meeting scheduled for 5:00 PM on July 21 at the Community Center.
In the survey below, participants are encouraged to focus on existing as well as anticipated needs and opportunities for improvement in the ability to access the internet.
Results of the study are expected to be presented to the City Council in September.
- City’s Victoria Broadband Commission seeks to expand broadband options with Sparklight partnership
- City seeks residents’ feedback on forthcoming internet initiative
- Deadline approaches for questions on City broadband effort
- City of Victoria seeks broadband developer
- City Corner Column: Victoria Broadband Commission seeks ways to keep people connected @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>