What if I don't have a photo ID?

If the applicant does not have a photo ID, an alternative would be to send a photocopy of the photo ID of an immediate family member, who will then become the applicant. Another option is to send photocopies of two documents with the applicant’s name, such as a utility bill, a recent paycheck stub, an employment or organizational ID, or a Social Security card. One of the documents must have the applicant’s signature. Applications received without photo ID or acceptable alternatives cannot be processed.

Show All Answers

1. Who can request a certified copy of a birth certificate or a death certificate?
2. Who is considered an immediate family member?
3. Does a spouse or step-parent need additional documentation to request a birth certificate?
4. How can I order vital records from other states?
5. What will you accept as a valid ID?
6. What if I don't have a photo ID?
7. Why do I have to send a photo ID?
8. What records are available?